Program Manager, Southeastern Sustainability Directors Network Policy Program
Term: Full-Time Employee; Term-Limited
The Southeast Sustainability Directors Network (SSDN) is a collaborative community that develops solutions to the South’s unique sustainability challenges. SSDN’s membership includes sustainability and resilience staff from across the South, who build knowledge and learn from colleagues in other areas about best practices to meet their community’s needs. Communities located in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia working in all stages of sustainability implementation join the network to scale, accelerate, and implement sustainable best practices so that our region’s communities are equipped to adapt to and mitigate climate change. For more information please visit www.southeastsdn.org.
Since 2018, SSDN has piloted different efforts to support members in their ability to engage in energy policy and regulatory issues, primarily at the state level. To date, SSDN has provided an increasing level of support in states where there are enough members with interest and capacity to address these issues. SSDN seeks to further develop the support that it provides by continuously improving our work in states that have member interest and a willingness to increase leadership in engaging in state policy and/or energy regulations. SSDN is also working to more deeply assess the education and capacity needs of its members related to state energy policy.
- Support the SSDN Policy Program with the following:
- Support the Policy team, including the Policy Director, Policy Manager, and consultants, with the tracking of bills, regulatory activities, and other stakeholder proceedings and communicate relevant information to members;
- Stay abreast of policy activities in each state (focusing on FL and GA primarily) that could affect members’ work and goals;
- Lead on the assessment of the landscape of energy policy in FL and GA and evaluate opportunities to engage;
- Maintain records of meetings and coordinating member access of meeting notes and recordings, resources, and opportunities for education for members;
- Work collaboratively with SSDN Policy staff and consultants to support the SSDN-led capacity building schedule and programming for all members to enhance their knowledge about state policy and/or other elements related to policy that will increase their awareness and engagement;
- Provide written documents, presentation materials, and other work products to support member education and engagement.
- Support State Policy Calls, Work Plans, and Communications
- SSDN Engagement and Partnerships
- Bachelor’s Degree, with more than 3 years of experience in the workforce.
- A sound understanding of sustainability and resilience challenges and opportunities in the Southeast, with specific understanding of energy-related policy:
- Experience with working in, and understanding of, state energy policy and regulatory environments;
- Experience working in the state of Florida is preferred
- This position will prioritize work in the following states: FL and GA
- Concepts related to applying equity and equitable frameworks to sustainability actions, plans, programs, and policies;
- Experience working for, with, or in support of local governments;
- The ability to effectively and candidly facilitate conversations and connections built around a trusted, safe space for sharing and learning;
- Listening and communication skills - verbal and written - and the ability to use Zoom and other video conferencing software;
- The ability to work in partnership with other external organizations while holding a safe space for SSDN members that does not hold conflicts of interest.
Applications (including resume and cover letter) will be accepted through Breezy (https://usdn.breezy.hr/p/1b81d65a85d6-program-manager-ssdn-policy-progr…) on a rolling basis with priority preference given to those who apply by 9/30/22.
Review of applications will begin immediately, with the interview schedule starting as early as 10/3/22.