Program Specialist II - University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR)
The Climate Program Office (CPO) focuses on developing a broader research and user community for climate products and services, provides NOAA a focal point for climate activities, leads NOAA climate education and outreach activities, and coordinates international climate activities.
The Adaptation Science program is a grants program within the Climate and Societal Interactions division of CPO that supports research focused on human experience in a changing climate and pathways to climate risk management, adaptation and resilience. The Adaptation Science program benefits significantly from a strong partnership with the outside community and particularly with the involvement of personnel with computational and organizational skills to assist with program management activities.
This position will be located at the NOAA Silver Spring Metro Center Building III in Silver Spring, MD.
- Manages and develops content for the Adaptation Science program’s website in synergy with CPO’s Communication and Education Division to better communicate the program's research outcomes with the public.
- Works with CSI funded investigators to better promote and communicate their research and to facilitate the integration of their research results into NOAA activities and products. Creates and maintains a database of funded projects.
- Assists in the organization and facilitation of Adaptation Science program activities (e.g., meetings and workshops) as part of the CSI Division.
- Assists in the organization and facilitation of communications and engagement with CSI-funded investigators through workshops and other activities (e.g., webinars).
- Organizes and facilitates proposal review panels and monitor projects progress (e.g., collect and archive project reports)
- Works with CSI Division staff to integrate research and coordinate activities, including meetings and communication.