Resilience Fellow - Center for Climate and Energy Solutions
C2ES seeks a highly qualified and experienced individual to focus on climate change science, impacts and resilience. This position reports to the Senior VP of Policy and Business Strategy. The Fellow will contribute to C2ES's technical, policy, and communications work related to climate science, climate impacts, and resilience. The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate a commitment to C2ES's mission and have an advanced degree in a relevant to earth science, geography, environmental studies or an engineering discipline. The position is based in our Arlington, VA, office.
- Contribute to C2ES's efforts to assess the current state of knowledge about the impacts and science of climate change and policy to help communities, companies, states and the country be resilient and prepared for the impacts that can't be avoided;
- Provide analysis and advice related to climate science, impacts, and resilience to other C2ES staff;
- Track current events and recent reports related to weather and climate impacts and resilience planning released by government agencies, businesses, NGOs, and media outlets;
- Communicate this knowledge to a variety of stakeholders, including members of C2ES's Business Environmental Leadership Council and other businesses, public sector decision makers, the media, and the general public;
- Contribute to presentations, written reports, and online materials that summarize information about climate science, climate impacts, and resilience;
- Support C2ES events, including workshops and meetings involving the Business Environmental Leadership Council, NGOs, government agencies, media groups, and/or academic institutions; and
- Collaborate with the C2ES management team and development staff to raise funds to support the Science & Resilience programs and their projects.
- Willingness to pitch in at all levels
- Some travel required, up to 25%