Resiliency Intern - Arlington, VA
Arcadis is searching for Interns to work within our risk and resilience program and project management team in Arlington, VA.
The internship is seeking to This internship will train you to become a leader in innovative and forward-thinking program and project solutions and to ensure high quality deliverables to our clients. You will be given the opportunity to participate in planning and engineering projects that are making our nation’s communities more resilient. Arcadis will provide you with exposure to leading practices and practitioners in the field relevant to the your area of study.
Desired Skills/ Attributes
- Research experience or training in areas including, but not limited to grant management, benefit cost analysis, GIS mapping, vulnerability analysis, pre- and post-disaster mitigation, urban planning, green infrastructure, outreach/engagement, and/or flooding adaptation strategies.
- Background in urban planning, public policy, economics, environmental science/engineering, or related fields.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Project managment and leadership skills are a plus
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Applying complex tools and concepts that foster data driven decision-making and collaboration.
- Engage in research and task execution in support of high-profile risk and resilience programs/projects across the country.
- Work alongside Engineers and Planners supporting Arcadis’ National Urban and Coastal Resilience practice