Scientific Technical Writer - Northern California Climate Adaptation Project
Project Name: Northern California Climate Adaptation Project
Project Dates: April 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018
Send completed application packet to: Bids@EcoAdapt.org
EcoAdapt, a District of Columbia Non-Profit is in need of a scientific technical writer/contractor and is accepting proposals in response to this Request for Bid Proposal in order to find a qualified source to provide the above listed product or service.
The objective for this Request for Bid Proposal is to locate a source that will provide the best overall value to EcoAdapt. While price is a significant factor, other criteria will form the basis of our award decision, as more fully described in the Evaluation Factors section of this Request for Bid Proposal below.
The following submission guidelines & requirements apply to this Request for Bid Proposal:
- First and foremost, only qualified individuals or firms with prior experience on projects such as this should submit proposals in response to this Request for Bid Proposal.
- Bidders must list at least 2 projects that are substantially similar to this project as part of their response, including references for each. Examples of work should be provided as well; if the project includes substantial writing and synthesis, submit 2 writing samples to serve as the examples of work.
- A resume must be provided.
- A price proposal must be provided. This price proposal should indicate the hourly rate and an estimated total number of hours.
- Proposals must be signed by a representative that is authorized to commit bidder’s services.
- If you have a standard set of terms and conditions, please submit them with your proposal. All terms and conditions will be subject to negotiation.
- Proposals must be received on or before 3/20/2018 to be considered.
- Proposals must remain valid for a period of 30 days.
- EcoAdapt anticipates selecting at least two individuals or organizations to have more in-depth discussions with, and will make an award to one of these “down-selected” individuals or organizations.
The description of this project is as follows:
EcoAdapt is leading a vulnerability assessment and the development of climate-smart adaptation strategies for northern California habitats and species. This effort is intended to provide information and tools for natural resource management and conservation efforts. EcoAdapt is seeking a contractor to help research and synthesize existing scientific information on the climate change vulnerability of twelve (12) regionally important habitats and species/species groups.
The successful bidder will be responsible for:
- Researching scientific literature (peer-reviewed, gray) to provide content for twelve (12) habitat and species/species group vulnerability assessment syntheses
- Synthesizing and translating scientific literature into twelve (12) state-of-the-science vulnerability assessment syntheses for habitats and species/species groups
- Adding scientific literature resources to the project's Zotero library
- Revising and editing vulnerability assessment syntheses as peer-reviewed comments are received
- Regularly checking in via email and/or phone with project manager to discuss progress, track deliverables, and address questions
The Request for Bid Proposal time line is as follows:
- Request for Proposal Issuance: 3/7/2018
- Selection of Top Bidders/Notification to Unsuccessful Bidders: 3/23/2018
- Start of Negotiation: 4/1/2018
- Contract Award/Notification to Unsuccessful Bidders: 4/1/2018
The need-date for project completion is: 12/31/2018
EcoAdapt's budget for this project is: $15,000
EcoAdapt will rate proposals based on the following factors, with cost being the most important factor:
- Relevant past performance & technical expertise
- Samples of work
EcoAdapt reserves the right to award to the bidder that presents the best value to EcoAdapt as determined solely by EcoAdapt in its absolute discretion.