Social Network Manager - ASAP
Remote Work/Detroit Metro
Category: Climate Change, Resilience, communication, engagement, and facilitation
Min. Experience: Some Experience
Salary: $48,000 - $52,000
The American Society of Adaptation Professionals (ASAP) connects and supports climate change adaptation professionals to advance innovation and excellence in the adaptation field. We are thrilled to be seeking a full-time Network Manager to weave connections and relationships across network members and help us continue to support members’ peer learning and collaboration.
ASAP’s Network Manager will work to increase member connectivity and value creation by understanding members’ priorities and helping them conceive and implement activities which speak to those priorities. The incumbent will facilitate peer-to-peer exchange and broker member collaboration. The Network Manager will work collaboratively with existing ASAP staff including the Senior Program Manager to optimize professional capacity building activities in response to members’ priorities, the Member Services & Communication Coordinator on member data management, and with the Executive Director to develop the ASAP network and manage relationships with outside partners.
Top candidates for this position will possess these distinguishing characteristics:
- The ability to catalyze a culture of cooperation by fostering opportunities to develop camaraderie and trust among all members;
- The ability to listen deeply to fully understand and appreciate a diversity of perspectives;
- The ability to facilitate connection and collaboration within and across diverse groups of people;
- The ability to work behind the scenes to empower and enable members to lead the network;
- The ability to facilitate network processes while also introducing new ideas;
- The ability to embrace ambiguity and encourage experimentation and innovation;
- Commitment to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Coordinates Member Led Groups (in-person and virtual), (Ensures all conference calls and meetings are programmed in advance; Facilitates discussion (as necessary); Takes notes during calls and meetings (as necessary); and Updates the Senior Program Manager and Executive Director on trends and opportunities as needed.)
- Facilitates member to member connections via the online member portal and other avenues.
- Manages the organization’s contact management system (Neon)
- Supports the Senior Program Manager to deliver peer learning and capacity building efforts.
- Works with the Member Services & Communication Coordinator to develop and deliver valuable member resources through the bi-weekly newsletter, social media, and other ASAP communication channels.
- Supports the ASAP’s Annual Meeting and periodic virtual member engagements.
- Participates in other groups and committees from outside organizations on behalf of ASAP as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Network building, Social-impact networks;
- Facilitation and problem-solving;
- Demonstrated interest in the field of climate change adaptation or associated areas including grassroots organizing, movement building, and equity;
- Ability to managing multiple deadlines and systems simultaneously;
- Experience proactively sharing information and knowledge across a broad and diverse membership using relationships, technology, and other tools;
- Reading, analyzing, and interpreting policy documents, scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and other presentations of technical or policy information;
- Active listening, verbal and written communications;
- Desire and ability to work both in a team and independently;
- Proficiency in G-Suite (preferred);
- 3-5 years of experience with network coordination or the equivalent.
To Apply: Email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume. Please use subject line “Network Manager”. Application deadline Friday, February 8, 2019.
Your cover letter should include the following:
- Highlights of your qualifications that meet the position’s specific needs
- A brief explanation of why this is the ideal job for you
- Your salary requirement and justification
Compensation and Benefits
The anticipated starting salary for this position ranges between $48,000 and $52,000 per year. This is an at-will position with funding currently available for 1 year, but with an intention to extend. ASAP offers comprehensive benefits, including generous leave time, flexible schedules, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a retirement match program.
What Diversity, Equity & Inclusion mean at ASAP
At ASAP we believe that climate change disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including people of color and people from low-income backgrounds. Therefore, the field of climate change adaptation must include professionals who can meaningfully represent the concerns of people with these identities and backgrounds. As such, we strongly encourage applications from people who hold these identities. Additionally, ASAP is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, diverse working environment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws. ASAP is an equal opportunity employer.