Strategic Services Director, Re.Climate
Re.Climate seeks a qualified, outstanding, senior-level strategist to join our growing team as Strategic Services Director. Working with the Executive Director and other team members, the Director will develop and implement communications, engagement and digital strategies for a wide-range of Canadian organizations focused on climate activation, energy transition, polarization and misinformation.
The Strategic Services Director will oversee research and analysis, effectively develop and manage partner relationships and develop long-range strategies and plans. They will enable Re.Climate to grow the evidence base for Canadian climate change communication and engagement, translate research in practice, and help Re.Climate and partners to learn from all aspects of this work. The ideal candidate will be able to convene diverse stakeholders and foster client relationships.
Re.Climate is Canada’s go-to resource for training, research and strategy on climate change communication and engagement at Carleton University. We bring together researchers, strategists and practitioners to share and scale approaches that build support for strong climate leadership and action. We are a non-partisan, public institution.
- Develop communications and campaign strategies that challenge traditional approaches to climate communications and engagement.
- Identify and segment key audiences, frame messages around their concerns and beliefs, and identify new opportunities for increasing levels of engagement.
- Contribute to annual plans and strategic planning.
- Develop client proposals related to strategic services.
- Oversee research and analysis to understand an issue from all sides, including reviewing opinion polls and social science to determine key trends and barriers, performing media audits, and conducting original qualitative research that draws insights from focus groups and thought leader interviews.
- Initiate and oversee research work, including recruiting and supervising research vendors and/or working with academic research partners.
- Develop briefing notes and materials to disseminate insights.
- Work with an evaluator to learn and innovate approaches and strategies.
- 15-years experience building communications, engagement and/or digital strategies; 3-5 years focused in climate change and energy transition communications considered an asset.
- Broad knowledge of integrated communications, including public relations, media relations, digital strategies and behaviour change programming.
- Experience engaging and managing partners/clients.
- Experience designing and directing researchers related to literature reviews, surveys, focus groups, digital message testing, etc.
- Experience synthesizing strategic insights into actionable plans.
- Excellent writing skills and command of language, grammar and spelling.
- Ability to travel overnight when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. communication, journalism, business, public policy and administration, interdisciplinary studies); an advanced degree considered an asset.
- Must be a resident of Ontario.
Please ensure that your application includes a resume with a maximum length of 2 pages and a cover letter that does not exceed 250 words. The cover letter should explicitly explain how your experience aligns with the duties and requirements specified for this position.
To help us manage your application, please rename your cover letter and resume to:
- Your Name-StrategicServicesDirector-CoverLetter
- Your Name-StrategicServicesDirector-Resume
Send your application, including your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Strategic Services Director Application