Strategy & Partnerships Director - Moore Center for Science at Conservation International
Reporting to the Senior Vice President (SVP) of the Moore Center for Science (MCS) at Conservation International (CI), the Director of Strategy and Partnerships is a key member of the Moore Center leadership team. Working closely with the SVP and other MCS leaders, the Director serves as the point person facilitating the implementation of the CI Science Strategy: managing workflows and processes to ensure timely development, launch, and delivery of programmatic initiatives, to accelerate their implementation and scaling, and to monitor and communicate the progress of individual initiatives and the Science Strategy as a whole. As part of the CI Science Strategy, the Director also works with the SVP and others to support the development and implementation of horizon scanning processes and a technology strategy.
Working closely with the SVP, the Director also supports the establishment and stewardship of strategic partnerships with other conservation organizations, academic institutions, government agencies, and companies, in order to help generate ground-breaking insights and solutions to the world’s most pressing environmental challenges.
- Advanced degree in the natural or social sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7 years of related work experience
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen, use diplomacy and tact, and build strong relationships with partners, volunteers, and all levels of staff
- Team player and ability to effectively partner and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Well-developed written and oral communication, negotiation, and organizational skills.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
Location: United States - Arlington, VA