Sustainability Project Manager
City of Fayetteville, AR
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of their own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- Evaluate costs and benefits of implementing conservation measures; identify strategies for cost-effective implementation of city-wide sustainability programs and initiatives.
- Collaborate with the administration, directors, and staff in all city departments to identify and pursue opportunities that increase operational efficiency and environmental stewardship within City government and the Community.
- Track, measure, and evaluate municipal utility consumption and generate relevant benchmarking reports.
- Track, measure, and evaluate community greenhouse gas emissions and generate relevant benchmarking reports
- Create multi-page master plans and documents utilizing desktop publishing programs.
- Create communication materials to drive sustainable behavior change in both internal and external programs and projects, developing content in both written and visual mediums.
- Write grants, award applications, draft requests for proposals and requests for qualifications.
- Provide internal consulting and technical assistance to other departments for programs, projects, outreach efforts, and planning processes in order to institutionalize sustainability and equity considerations across City operations
- Implement actions and recommendations from master plans including the Energy Action Plan, the Active Transportation Plan, and other adopted City plans.
- Manage public outreach efforts for the Sustainability Department including developing public-facing content, fostering partnerships with local organizations, encouraging and incentivizing sustainable practices in local businesses, and strengthening University-City collaboration
- Manage intern program including recruiting new interns, creating workplans, monitoring and evaluating progress, and developing partnerships in the community to drive success of internship program
- Maintain files, media, image, and digital library for the department.
- Manage, create and update website information for the department.
- Track budgets, encumbrances, and expenditures for sustainability projects with multiple funding sources including CIP, grants, government loans, and restricted use City revenues.
- Develop project return-on-investment and payback analysis for long-term sustainability, renewable energy and energy savings projects.
- Serve as project manager for design and construction of sustainability, renewable energy and energy savings projects, including managing consultants designing projects, contract administration for contractors, and other project management tasks as required.
- Develop Administration, City Council and Committee memorandums and agenda packets. Interact with the City Clerk's office to provide current agenda information; including staff review forms and City Council memos for City Council meetings and Council committees and commissions. Occasionally present items to the City Council or Council committees.
- Assist in leading, promoting and executing municipal and community initiatives and related policies by conducting research on policy issues and best practices.
- Manage public education for Sustainability Department, including integrating website updates, brochures, speaking engagements, writing press releases and advertisements, leading tours, television (Government Channel) information, etc.
- Analyze a variety of data and research to generate policy solutions and identify trends.
- Work with the public explaining and receiving comments related to strategic planning.
- Respond to inquiries both in person and over the phone. Resolve a wide variety of situations, either by researching and/or answering questions personally or forwarding to appropriate person.
- Perform other duties as assigned.