Two Social Scientist/Physical Scientist Positions, NIHHIS & NOAA
Salary: $78,592 - $172,075 per year
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is hiring two social scientist/physical scientists to support the the National Integrated Heat Health Information System (NIHHIS). One of the positions is open to the public, the other is open to status candidates.
NIHHIS was created by NOAA and CDC as an interagency integrated information system to develop and provide actionable, science-based information to help protect people from heat. NIHHIS builds societal understanding of heat risks, develops science-based solutions, improves capacity, communication, and decision-making to reduce heat-related illness and death.
- Work closely with heat and health research and practitioner communities on interdisciplinary questions important to heat and health communities
- Facilitate the identification and translation of research, observation, and climate service requirements for the heat and health community and to inform National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Programs and Laboratories.
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary research community and relevant communities of practice to understand research needs and develop research agendas.
- Provide support in the management of Federal competitive grants research competitions.
- Work across partnerships at the local, state, Tribal, Federal, and international levels, to promote the transfer of knowledge and products from research to heat-related decision making.
- Coordinate agency and interagency committees and teams and support NOAA engagement in international heat and health committees and groups.
This position is located in NOAA, Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research (OAR), Climate Program Office (CPO), in Silver Spring, MD. To learn more about qualifications and requirements, please access the link below.
Apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both: