Verizon Climate Resilience Prize
Climate Resilience is the capacity of social, economic, and environmental systems to cope with the hazardous events and trends associated with climate change, according to the IPCC. We are launching the Verizon Climate Resilience Prize to recognize and propel climate resilience solutions that have proven results and are ready to scale for an even greater impact.
The Verizon Climate Resilience Prize will be awarding $500,000 cash prizes to three winners across three categories (i.e. $166,666 each):
- Leading Edge Technology Solutions: Innovations that use technologies including but not limited to 5G, edge computing, real-time IoT, AI, and XR to advance climate resilience.
- Frontline Community-Led Solutions: Innovations to advance climate resilience created and led by members of communities that are both highly exposed to the negative impacts of the climate crisis and likely to have fewer resources to respond to those risks. Frontline communities may include communities of Black, indigenous, people of color, immigrants, low income and people with disabilities.
- Nature-Based Solutions: Innovations that leverage nature or natural systems to advance climate resilience.
Eligibility: Any project, for-profit, or non-profit organization that meets the minimum requirements of:
- At least 2 full-time employees or full-time resources
- Have demonstrated results in a real-world application
- Registered in the United States
Deadline: November 30, 2021