Weatherization Technician - Housing Resources of Western Colorado
The Housing Resources of Western Colorado has 6 positions open for Weatherization Technicians. These positions report to Housing Resource of Western Colorado.
Status: 1700-hour AmeriCorps Service Term
Location: 2 individuals will be place in each of the following locations: Durango, Colorado 81301; Montrose, Colorado 81401; or Grand Junction, Colorado 81501 Please list your preferred location on your resume.
Southwest Conservation Corps’ Mission: It is the mission of the Southwest Conservation Corps to empower individuals to positively impact their lives, their communities, and the environment.
The Weatherization Department of Housing Resources of Western Colorado (HRWC) works with the Colorado Energy Office’s (CEO) Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) to help qualified Coloradoans save money, increase comfort, and better their home an environment through proven energy conservation solutions. HRWC’s Weatherization crews help the low-income households to reduce their energy burden so they have more money for other necessities. The work also benefits the environment by reducing green house gas emissions.
These individuals will be completing high-quality energy efficiency and health and safety upgrades to homes; to ensure maximum long-lasting benefits. The upgrades include but are not limited to insulation, air sealing, furnace replacement, storm windows, refrigerator replacement, LED lighting, ventilation, ground moisture barrier, and installation of carbon monoxide and smoke detectors. HRWC will be weatherizing 200 homes in the 12 counties that they serve during the 2021-2022 program year. These individuals will learn all aspects of the program by shadowing Energy Auditors, Weatherization Techs, and Quality Control Inspectors. Individuals will receive online and on-the-job training.
The successful applicant must be self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision after the initial training period. The applicant must be able to maneuver and operate in a mixture of office and field work. This can include long periods of standing or walking on rough, uneven ground, bending, crouching, and stooping. Prior to starting this position, a government security background clearance will be required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- U. S. Citizenship
- Permanent Resident Card, INS form I-551
- Alien Registration Card, INS form I-551
- A passport indicating that the INS has approved it as temporary evidence of lawful admission for permanent residence
- A departure record ( INS 194) indication that the INS has approved it as temporary evidence of lawful admission for permanent residence
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s license and good driving record
Compensation & Benefits
- Start/End Date: August 2nd, 2021 – June 10th, 2022
- Stipend: $600/week (+Education Award)
- Term: 45 weeks
- Benefits: AmeriCorps Education Award $6,195.00 after successful completion, Health Insurance eligible, Professional Certifications will be received with the cost of travel and training covered.
How to Apply
View the full position description and apply at the link below!
Contact Cait at email@example.com with any questions.