Adaptation Action Plan For Wildlife Connectivity in the Sky Island Region
The underlying goal of the Wildlife Connectivity Working Group and Adaptation Action Plan is to maintain and improve wildlife connectivity.
Wildlife connectivity measures allow practitioners to:
- Think broadly about conservation of megafauna and megaflora
- Holistically manage wildlife and habitats across “working landscapes”
- Maintain interconnected linkages between habitats to support wildlife and public health
- Consider relationships between healthy, intact habitats and population growth rates
- Preserve ecosystem resilience, ecological processes, and ecosystem services