Climate Ready Estuaries 2009 Progress Report
Climate Ready Estuaries (CRE) is a partnership between the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the National Estuary Programs(NEPs) to build capacity among coastal managers to improve the resilience of coastal areas to the impacts of climate change. CRE provides tools and assistance to help NEPs and coastal communities in their efforts to:
- Assess climate change vulnerabilities
- Develop a better understanding of climate change at local and regional levels
- Engage and educate stakeholders
- Develop and implement adaptation strategies
- Share lessons learned with other coastal managers
This document provides an overview of CRE’s accomplishments to date, including activities being managed by the NEP Partners, lessons learned in the adaptation planning process, challenges encountered, and next steps for the program.