How to Get Started with CAKE
We offer a space for sharing and learning together.
The Climate Adaptation Knowledge Exchange (CAKE) is an ever-growing knowledge platform that houses a comprehensive digital library of high-quality climate change adaptation resources. We offer a free space for users to find and share resources with the larger adaptation community.
> Explore resources submitted by others and learn about new community opportunities
> Contribute your own adaptation-related resources to share with others in the field
CAKE houses an extensive database of resources and community events and opportunities.
CAKE case studies are real-world examples of adaptation projects that highlight:
- Actions taken by others in the field and lessons learned
- A variety of sectors and their approaches for addressing a multitude of climate impacts
- Barriers to adaptation action and innovative solutions
- Recommendations for moving forward
CAKE provides downloadable resources that span a variety of adaptation topics and:
- Include scientific journals, grey literature, books, action plans, and multimedia sources
- Are high-quality resources about planning for climate impacts and implementing adaptation actions
- Help users quickly and easily identify a full range of available adaptation resources
CAKE directs users to a variety of tools like interactive maps and databases that will:
- Help users process climate change information
- Allow users to identify and assess risks and vulnerabilities to climate change
- Help users make informed management decisions
- Support adaptation action
CAKE's directory of organizations working in climate adaptation allows users to:
- Learn more about the organizations undertaking adaptation work
- Find resources published by individual organizations
- Connect with other practitioners and those who have contributed resources to CAKE
Contribute to CAKE
We encourage you to submit your adaptation-related resources, events, and opportunities!
Step 1: Log in or Register
Simply log in to your account or sign up to contribute--It's free!
We encourage you to submit your own resources to share your expertise and knowledge with others in the field. This helps us stay at the forefront of adaptation knowledge, so we can evolve to meet the community's need.
Step 2: Submit Your Content
Your published resources will bolster our growing database and will be available to thousands of adaptation professionals.
When submitting content, please include as much information as possible (title, authors, associated organizations, geographic region, source links and files, and relevant keywords). Refer to the section above to understand what type of content CAKE will publish.
All content will be reviewed by the CAKE Team before it is published to the site. Once published, resources will appear under the “My Resources” section of your CAKE Dashboard.