Climate-ADAPT Case Study Explorer
Climate-ADAPT Case study explorer visualises the geographic location and distribution of Climate-ADAPT case studies across Europe. The tool enables users to filter case studies through three criteria:
- Sectors addressed by the case studies in terms of climate change adaptation
- Climate change impacts they cope with
- Categories of adaptation options implemented
Once criteria are set, the map visualises the location of corresponding case studies. Basic information on each case study can be recalled by clicking to its location; this also includes the link to the extended case study description and the links to the description of the adaptation options implemented.
The Case study explorer also provides access to case studies prepared at national level in Spain, provided by the Platform for the exchange and consultation of information on adaptation to climate change in Spain AdapteCCa.es.
Climate-ADAPT is a partnership between the European Commission and the European Environment Agency (EEA). It aims to support Europe in adapting to climate change helping users to access and share data and information on:
- Expected climate change in Europe
- Current and future vulnerability of regions and sectors
- EU, national and transnational adaptation strategies and actions
- Adaptation case studies and potential adaptation options
- Tools that support adaptation planning
Climate-ADAPT organizes information under the following main entry points:
- EU Policy: EU Adaptation Policy, Adaptation in EU Policy Sectors (Agriculture, Biodiversity, Coastal areas, Forestry, Water management, Marine and fisheries, Ecosystem-based Approaches, Disaster Risk Reduction, Buildings, Energy, Transport, Health, Urban), EU Regional Policy
- Countries, Transnational regions, Cities
- Knowledge: Topics, Data and indicators, Research and innovation projects, Tools, Practice,
- European Climate and Health Observatory (accessible through "Knowledge")
The platform includes a database that contains quality checked information that can be easily searched.