Columbia Basin Adaptation Resource Kit
This Resource Kit is based on the experiences and learnings of the communities that have engaged with climate adaptation planning as part of Columbia Basin Trust's Communities Adapting to Climate Change Initiative (CACCI) from 2008-2013.
This Resource Kit provides a detailed approach to climate change adaptation and resilience based on ten thematic areas:
- Decision-making and Communication
- Watersheds and Water
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Tourism and Recreation
- Public Safety and Health
- Forestry and Mining
- Transboundary Flood Control, Hydro and Energy
This Resource Kit offers a wide range of resources, tools, and case studies on climate change adaptation and resilience planning, including:
- One-day rapid action planning workshop
- Six-step adaptation planning process
- From Dialogue to Action - a primer on climate science, impacts and adaptation in the Basin
- Adaptation Discovery Tool - a thematic guide to climate impacts and adaptation actions in the Basin
This Resource Kit is intended to provide communities in the Canadian Columbia Basin with tools to help them become more resilient to climate change impacts and extreme weather.