Heat Action Platform
The Heat Action Platform is a place for city officials, practitioners, and financial institutions to find guidance on reducing the human and economic impacts of extreme heat at the regional or municipal level.
It is a living, engagement-oriented policy tool to find guidance, both existing resources and tailor-made solutions, on reducing the human and economic impacts of extreme heat at the regional or municipal level. The platform offers opportunities to engage with world-leading experts across a diversity of disciplines to plan, fund, implement, and measure heat resilience actions. The platform includes three phases with a total of nine steps, and you can start at any point in the process, depending on your goals and specific areas of interest:
- Assess: how to conduct a baseline heat risk assessment, assess heat risk awareness, and identify heat-related vulnerabilities and impacts. This supports the development and eventual implementation of heat strategies and actions.
- Plan: how to develop an education and engagement strategy, explore solutions, create a plan, and identify funding and financing sources. This phase supports the development of actionable heat strategies with clear implementation pathways.
- Implement: how to implement, monitor, and evaluate solutions.
Use this tool to:
- Develop a heat action plan or similar planning/goal-setting initiative;
- Create an individual project or policy intervention with heat-risk reduction and preparedness goals;
- Embed heat-risk reduction and preparedness strategies into another plan; or
- Make the case for investments in community heat resilience.