World Climate Service Seasonal and Sub-Seasonal Forecasting
The World Climate Service provides subseasonal (2-6 weeks) and seasonal (1-6 months) climate forecasts that enable users to create thier own subjective analysis and forecasts. The World Climate Service tools are designed to enable the analysis, monitoring, and forecasting of near-term climate variability.
The World Climate Service provides:
- Calibrated NOAA Climate Forecast System V2 subseasonal and seasonal forecasts
- Calibrated ECMWF Extended Ensemble and Seasonal Model subseasonal and seasonal forecats
- Multi-model calibrated ensemble forecasts, and which are documented as increasing skill over each of the individual models
- Analog forecasting tools for both the seasonal and subseasonal time frame
- Climate Index tracking and analysis.